Fleet University is the home of free, valuable resources to help make fleet managers and management more productive while running a safer fleet.
These materials are based on the best practices that Ron Turley developed while saving UPS nearly $100 million during his tenure as national director of maintenance in the 1970s. Adjusted for inflation, that figure would be over $300 million today (2016).
Ron had one of the first authoritative voices in the fleet management industry, and his influence continues today. Following UPS, he consulted with over 170 organizations in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, Far East, Europe and South America. Ron’s best practices became the foundation of RTA fleet management software almost four decades ago!
Fleet University continues in the same spirit of improving productivity through attention to safety, detail and data, regardless of what documentation and tracking system a fleet manager uses.
Fleet managers have new resources and insights into improving fleet productivity:
- 5 minutes of paperwork generally yields $110 of warranty.
- Go for warranty at 120–130% of warranty miles. You will often get it.
- Collecting warranty typically is worth $300–$420 per vehicle during the first 7–8 years of life.
- For every ½” out of alignment, the tire must be dragged sideways 28 feet for every mile driven.
- Running a tire 10% overloaded can rob the user of 16% of its tire life. The $200 tire will now deliver only $168 worth of service.
- 3 to 8 hours are saved for every 1 hour of preventive maintenance (PM) investment.
- An advanced PM system spends 50% of the time on PM. A less effective system spends less time on PM, which leads to more time on road calls, drop-ins and unscheduled maintenance.
Fleet managers now have dedicated resources chocked full of valuable information via whitepapers, videos, tip sheets, and much more! Top issues fleet managers need assistance with are covered here. From warranty recovery to preventive maintenance and tire expenses to best management practices, RTA provides free resources covering these topics.
RTA’s goal is to help fleet managers operate safer and more efficient fleet while becoming the best they can be and by providing these materials will go a long way to making that goal a reality.
These valuable insights represent methods of controlling and maintaining fleet systems and expenses. For additional free resources to improve your fleet’s productivity, contact RTA today – you’ll be glad you did!
© 2016 Ron Turley Associates, Inc. | (800) 279-0549 | www.rtafleet.com | Efficient Solutions…Effective Results