“Going Paperless” boosts productivity, saves space, creates easier, more secure documentation and information sharing, allows access to larger quantities of historical data…and did we mention it’s good for the environment?
RTA’s Paperless Shop
RTA’s Paperless Shop Module benefits your employees from the ground to upper management level. It provides information necessary for your fleets and employees to function at maximum efficiency.
- Accurate Time Tracking: RTA’s Paperless Shop Module is a time clock, providing complete tracking of every technician and providing direct vs. indirect labor costs throughout the shop. It eliminates the guesswork regarding how much time a job takes to complete. It enables management to allocate labor resources with accuracy and priority. It allows you to identify training and hiring needs, which eliminates the possibility of labor shortages (which can cause delays in repairs and vehicle downtime). The Paperless Shop Module also tracks and reports vacation and sick time, which also helps reduce unexpected labor shortages.
- Information Where it Matters Most: RTA’s Paperless Shop Module works for technicians by providing them with the necessary information for maintaining a vehicle ̶ like repair history of vehicles, parts and equipment ̶ right at their fingertips.
- Easy Communication: RTA’s Paperless Shop Messenger works for both management and technicians by providing paperless communication between the two. It allows management to list current jobs by priority, ensuring all employees are on the same page. It allows technicians to post the parts need to complete a job without physically submitting the time-consuming paperwork. The “Note” feature allows the technician to leave detailed notes on the status of the repair, which is valuable to anyone who might need to step in and complete an existing repair. When the job is complete, the technician submits it to the supervisor for review. The entire system is efficient and accurate.
- Save Time and Reduce Errors: RTA’s Paperless Shop Module improves accuracy and saves time with bar code scanning. Eliminating hand-written orders prevents incorrect part numbers and errors. This bar coding ensures accurate inventory information, allowing for a more comprehensive inventory, and ultimately a better bottom line.
- Simplify Your Workflow: RTA’s Paperless Shop Module also provides technicians with the ability to report any defects they find and automatically add it to the work order. This process again saves time and provides better repairs and preventative maintenance.
Want to improve the efficiency, quality and accuracy of your shop? From tracking labor hours to accessing historic vehicle information, RTA’s Paperless Shop Module is an absolute must for every fleet.
To learn more about improving your fleet’s efficiency and profitability, give us a call!Image credit: https://flic.kr/p/97LnmF