RTA Cloud Hosting Service Level Agreement
Effective: April 16, 2019
1. Agreement Overview
This Agreement represents a Service Level Agreement (“SLA” or “Agreement”) between Ron Turley Associates, Inc. and Customers with an active contract for Cloud Hosted Fleet Management Software service and IT services required to support and sustain the product or service.
This Agreement remains valid until superseded by a revised agreement.
This Agreement outlines the parameters of all services covered as they are mutually understood by RTA and contracted customers using the service. This Agreement does not supersede current processes and procedures unless explicitly stated herein.
2. Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent service, support, and delivery to the Customers by Ron Turley Associates, Inc.
The goal of this Agreement is to obtain a mutual agreement for service provision between Ron Turley Associates, Inc. and contracted customers.
The objectives of this Agreement are to:
• Provide clear reference to service ownership, accountability, roles, and/or responsibilities.
• Present a clear, concise, and measurable description of service provision to the customer.
• Match perceptions of expected service provision with actual service, support & delivery.
3. Service Agreement
The following detailed service parameters are the responsibility of Ron Turley Associates, Inc. in the ongoing support of this Agreement.
3.1. Service Scope
The following Services are covered by this Agreement;
• Manned telephone support
• Monitored email support
• Software monitoring
• Data Center monitoring
• Service Uptime
• Service Recovery Point Objective
3.2. Customer Requirements
Customer responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
• Payment for service-related invoices at the agreed interval, Net 30.
• Reasonable availability of customer representative(s) and/or Customer IT staff when resolving a service-related incident or request.
• Customer IT staff is responsible for local computers, printers, and local network infrastructure maintenance.
• Customer IT staff is responsible for maintaining a suitable internet connection and communication with applicable Internet Service Providers.
• Customer maintains user accounts and user privileges within the RTA Fleet Management Software.
• If hours of operation coincide with RTA business hours, work with service administrators to accommodate necessary maintenance during business hours.
3.3. Service Provider Requirements
Ron Turley Associates, Inc.’s responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and network infrastructure related to the service.
• Maintaining disk storage related to the service.
• Appropriate notification to Customer for scheduled maintenance which would occur during Customer’s normal operating hours (operating hours provided by Customer to RTA during the initial setup of the service).
• Appropriate notification to Customer for major data or system architecture changes.
• Install upgrades and updates to the Fleet Management Software.
• Provide access to downloadable data backups on an automated, scheduled interval should the Customer desire to archive a local copy of the data backup files. Customer will submit requests to service administrators (email@example.com) if access to data backups is desired.
• Use commercially reasonable efforts to make the service available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.8%, in each case during any calendar month. In the event Ron Turley Associates does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to request a Service Credit.
• If the monthly uptime is between 99.5% and 99.79%, you may request up to 10% of your monthly service charge.
• If the monthly uptime is less than 99.5%, you may request a credit of 50% of your monthly service charge.
• Ensure that data backups are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
• Ensure that 3 copies of data backups are retained for 90 days, then permanently deleted.
• Ensure that backups are stored in separate physical data center campuses.
• Use commercially reasonable efforts to achieve the following Recovery Point Objective:
• If SQL data needs to be restored as a result of a data entry error or other issues not related to storage media failure, the data can be recovered to any recent point in time within 1 minute of the problem.
• If SQL data needs to be restored as a result of physical storage media failure, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 15 minutes of data.
• If images, documents, saved reports, data export files, etc. need to be restored, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 2 hours. If Vision format data needs to be restored, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 4 hours.
3.4. SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of service or performance issues: (i) that result from a suspension of the Agreement; (ii) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the physical point at which the private network of Ron Turley Associates’ data center connects to the public network; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third-party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from any scheduled maintenance, with at least 48 hours’ notice provided to the customer via email; (v) that result from any routine scheduled maintenance outside of customer’s normal business hours; (vi) arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use the Fleet Management Software service in accordance with the Agreement. If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
4. Service Management
Effective support of in-scope services is a result of maintaining consistent service levels. The following sections provide relevant details on service availability, monitoring of in-scope services, and related components.
4.1. Service Availability
Coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as follows:
• Access to the service: 24/7 (99.8% uptime)
• Telephone support: 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
• Calls received out of office hours will be handled on the next business day
• Calls received on holidays will be handled on the next business day
• Email support: Monitored 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
• Emails received outside of office hours handled on the next business day
• Software monitoring: Monitored 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
• RTA Fleet Management Software records error conditions to a log file when possible. RTA service administrators monitor the logs and perform necessary actions during business hours.
• Data Center monitoring: 24/7
• Server hardware and data center network is monitored with industry-standard tools 24/7 by RTA service administrators as well as technicians on duty at the contracted Network Operations Center where RTA servers are located.
4.2. Service Requests
In support of services outlined in this Agreement, the Service Provider will respond to service-related incidents and/or requests submitted by the Customer within 4 hours (during business hours).