Fleet Success Monthly: December 2022
Get your fleet operation on the road to success with monthly tips, trends, and news.
Happy New Year: Looking Ahead to 2023
As we prepare to ring in another new year this weekend, it’s time to look ahead to what 2023 will bring for the fleet industry and RTA.
Emerging Fleet Trends
Unfortunately, as was the case in 2022, the new year is expected to also be focused on supply chain issues and the ability to gain access to the supplies and goods your fleet needs.
Some of the pressing issues facing fleet operations are expected to be:
- Supply chain challenges: In addition to dealing with getting vehicles and replacement parts, fleets will also need to factor in the cost of inflation in the coming year.
- Technology adoption: Some technologies fleets will need to consider using at their operations to stay efficient this year include cloud-based systems, Mobility-as-a-Service subscriptions, electric vehicle adoption, telematics, autonomous vehicle deployment, regulatory compliance capabilities, blockchain in logistics, and even drones.
Read more about the 2023 fleet trend outlook.
Looking Ahead at RTA
In 2023, RTA will continue to add to its RTA Web product. We are excited about planned enhancements to the solution that will make it a robust stand-alone fleet management software solution.
We are also excited to offer complete training and implementation options, in addition to new services that will help you achieve Fleet Success in 2023!
To learn more about what’s ahead at RTA in the coming year, contact our Sales team for more information.
Employee Spotlight: Kim Dyer
This month we want to spotlight one of the newest members of our Training team – Kim! With more than seven years of experience in training (and more than 3 years working in the transportation industry for a SaaS company), Kim has been a bright addition to the RTA team!
She has a passion for adult learning and is always looking for ways to ensure our customers are heard and are getting solutions that meet their needs.
In addition to being awesome with our customers, Kim is an amazing teammate! She is always looking for ways to help others (#hungry) and is just fun to be around.
Whether it’s dressing up in her ultimate ‘80s attire at RTA Connect or wearing her Ugly Christmas Sweater attire for the holiday party (while working remotely!), Kim is always there to join in the fun and be part of the team.
We are all so happy that Kim joined RTA, and we know you’ll love working with her, as well!
Training Tip: Running End-of-Period Options
As we need the end of the year, it’s essential to make sure you are performing the right end-of-period and end-of-year tasks.
Our Training and Support teams are here to make sure your EOP (and end-of-year) processes run smoothly.
You first need to complete the following preparation steps:
- Enter all work orders, purchase orders, fuel orders, and other data that should be accounted for in this period.
- Post all fueling transactions.
- Schedule a time to run your EOP and give your staff a heads-up so that everyone is out of the RTA system.
- Print all needed current period cost reports.
- Review the reports to check for accuracy. Finding any errors now will help eliminate the need to fix data after the EOP has been run.
- Make any adjustments and rerun the reports.
- Make a complete end-of-period backup and archive it. This should be done just prior to running EOP.
Next, you can start running your processes. RTA has six types of end-of-period procedures you can run.
- End of Week/Month Processing for Mechanics: This can account for hours assigned to work orders.
- Create Fleet Report: This takes a snapshot of your current fleet costs for this period and stores the data.
- End of Month Fuel Tax: This can be run if you are tracking the Use Fuel Tax in RTA.
- End of Period Processing for Tires: If you are using the RTA tire module, you should run this before running your EOP for vehicles.
- End of Period Processing for Vehicles: Relevant data is stored in the vehicle’s lifetime files and current information is zeroed out.
- End of Period Processing for Parts: The Reorder Point and Reorder Quantity are recalculated and adjusted. Requisitions are created for stocked parts and parts usage per period is updated. Part warranty statistics are updated, and more.
FSS: Early Bird Pricing Deadline
Before you ring in the new year, don’t forget to sign up for the Fleet Success Summit, March 21-22, in Las Vegas. Early Bird pricing ends on Jan. 1!
This year’s event will showcase 12 incredible speakers who will touch on topics including:
- How to make your technicians more productive and efficient
- Making sure you know the “why” at your fleet operation exists.
- Ways to improve your risk management through better leadership.
- How to build a culture of caring.
- How to expand your risk management program before accidents and insurance
- And many more!
Sign up today to secure your spot!
Reminder: New Year’s Closures
As a reminder, our office will be closed on Jan. 2 in observance of New Year’s Day. We will be open for regular business and support hours on Dec. 30.
From our staff to yours, have a happy and safe New Year!
Welcome New Clients!
We added several new clients throughout December. Please join us in welcoming the following companies:
- Wruck Excavating
Featured Partner: Geotab
We are proud to partner with Geotab to provide our customers an easy way to integrate your telematics information into RTA.
To learn more about how Geotab easily integrates with RTA, please reach out to our Sales team.
Podcast: How Often Should You Do PM?
Do you have an organized preventative maintenance program? If so, how often are you performing PM on your assets? Our hosts tackled this question in a recent episode of our podcast, “The Fleet Success Show.” See how Josh Turley and Jeff Jenkins weighed in and what recommendations they made for fleets.
We hope you all had a Merry Christmas. We had a blast this holiday season!
By Steve Saltzgiver, Fleet Success Advisor Disruptions in the supply chain can have far-reaching consequences, affecting various industries and sectors. […]
By Mary Gerard, Content Marketing Manager Where does 60% of your fleet’s budget go each year? Fuel. While depreciation is […]
By Steve Saltzgiver, Fleet Success Senior Advisor Fleet organizations with robust transportation networks need to run efficiently to keep their […]
It’s not easy being a fleet manager. Once upon a time, if you were a top technician who was good […]