Speaker Submission Deadline
October 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. PST
Join the fun at RTA Connect and share your story.
There are teachers in all of us! Are you passionate about sharing knowledge, insight, and innovative ways the RTA system is utilized in your shop?
What’s your great idea? Here are suggestions to help spur your creativity.
- What unique ways do you use RTA to save your operation time and money?
- How to set up a parts room to increase efficiency.
- How benchmarking improved your operation’s bottom line.
- A simple change implemented in your shop improved morale.
- Implementing a training or safety program.
- Surviving budget cuts.
- Hiring, training, and retaining staff for the long haul.
- Discuss latest fleet industry trends.
RTA invites you to submit a presentation for the chance to take the stage at our annual users’ conference RTA Connect. Inspire others from across North America to help discover their full potential when it comes to working and/or managing shop operations.
No matter the experience you have with the RTA system or shop operations in general, whether you’re a mechanic, service writer, parts clerk, shop manager, superintendent, or IT professional, RTA and conference attendees welcome your ideas! We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to submit a story.
The floor is open – all ideas are welcome! Submit your ideas here.
- Session lengths are 45 or 60 minutes. Bring along a team member to present alongside you!
- Presenters receive a complimentary registration to RTA Connect. Presenters are responsible for RTA laptop fees (if applicable), travel and lodging expenses.
- Presentations may be recorded and may be made available post-conference.
- By agreeing to present, you allow RTA to utilize content presented and your likeness for promotional use.
- RTA staff will respond with an update status on all submissions received by the stated deadline.
- October 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. PST, call for presentations closes.
- December 2017: All speakers are notified of submission status.
- January 2018: RTA staff works alongside speakers on the chosen presentations.
- March 19-22, 2018, RTA Connect takes place at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, San Diego, CA.
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your submission.
Speaker Review Process
Call for presentations closes October 31. Committee review during November. Speaker advised of submission status in December.
All speaker submissions are reviewed and scored by a committee comprised of RTA staff, management, and/or members of RTA’s Client Advisory Board.
Speaker details are kept anonymous during review to ensure a fair assessment is conducted.
Tips for A Great Submission
- Keep topic relevant. Provide a description of the issue/problem being addressed and how the problem was solved.
- Indicate the length of speaking time needed and if a PowerPoint presentation or video will accompany the presentation.
- Provide examples of specific topic(s) and why the topic is unique.
- Provide takeaways of successful use cases, best practices, teachings, etc.
- How has your idea saved the shop money, give us figures? Percentages are great!
- Keep the abstract concise.
- If you’re a vendor representing a company exhibiting at RTA Connect, the presentation must be solutions-driven and not a sales pitch for your company’s product or service. How does your product or service solve a current fleet-related issue? Improve shop operations?