We are here because of you, so we’ll always be here for you.
Ask customers what sets RTA Fleet Management Software apart from its competitors and you’ll almost always hear about our “above and beyond” customer service.
Below, you’ll find several links to assist you with using RTA Fleet Management Software to its fullest. If you can’t find the answer you need, please submit a question to our customer support team here or call us at 1-800-279-0549 for a quick and thorough response.
Open a Support Case
Get the User Manual
Get more information and instructions about using the various tools and offerings in the RTA Fleet Management Software in our user manual.
View Software Updates & New Features
What’s New in RTA Software? Track all of the latest changes and updates in the RTA software.
Please note: You can now download updates for RTA Fleet Management Software as well as other recommended utilities from third parties. You can also install the latest maintenance releases from RTA directly from the website — no need to download.
Make a Recommendation
Would you like to see an enhancement to the RTA Fleet Management Software? Access the Feedback Portal to record your requests and vote on existing ideas you would like to see prioritized. Many of the suggestions submitted by our clients have already been implemented!
Add New Users or Edit Permissions
Need to make changes to the users in your RTA system? Log in and add new users or edit the permissions of existing users through the User Management Web Portal.
Get the RTA Mobile App
Take RTA with you on your mobile device through RTA Mobile. Access Parts and Dashboard tools through the app when you download Android or iOS versions.
New Hosted System Form
API Key Request Form
Before you start using the RTA API, you must be a registered hosted or SaaS user, register your application, and obtain your API key. To do so, fill in the request form below. All API key requests are thoroughly reviewed and only primary and secondary contacts for a customer may request API keys.
Note: To locate your RTA Serial Number, launch the RTA desktop application and login. Then from the top menu, click System | RTA Information | About RTA (SAA). Your serial number is the Registration Number list in the bottom left of the screen.
RTA Cloud Hosting Service Level Agreement
RTA Cloud Hosting Service Level Agreement
Effective: April 16, 2019
1. Agreement Overview
This Agreement represents a Service Level Agreement (“SLA” or “Agreement”) between Ron Turley Associates, Inc. and Customers with an active contract for Cloud Hosted Fleet Management Software service and IT services required to support and sustain the product or service.
This Agreement remains valid until superseded by a revised agreement.
This Agreement outlines the parameters of all services covered as they are mutually understood by RTA and contracted customers using the service. This Agreement does not supersede current processes and procedures unless explicitly stated herein.
2. Goals & Objectives
The purpose of this Agreement is to ensure that the proper elements and commitments are in place to provide consistent service, support and delivery to the Customers by Ron Turley Associates, Inc.
The goal of this Agreement is to obtain mutual agreement for service provision between Ron Turley Associates, Inc. and contracted customers.
The objectives of this Agreement are to:
- Provide clear reference to service ownership, accountability, roles and/or responsibilities.
- Present a clear, concise and measurable description of service provision to the customer.
- Match perceptions of expected service provision with actual service, support & delivery.
3. Service Agreement
The following detailed service parameters are the responsibility of Ron Turley Associates, Inc. in the ongoing support of this Agreement.
3.1. Service Scope
The following Services are covered by this Agreement;
- Manned telephone support
- Monitored email support
- Software monitoring
- Data Center monitoring
- Service Uptime
- Service Recovery Point Objective
3.2. Customer Requirements
Customer responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Payment for service related invoices at the agreed interval, Net 30.
- Reasonable availability of customer representative(s) and/or Customer IT staff when resolving a service-related incident or request.
- Customer IT staff is responsible for local computers, printers, and local network infrastructure maintenance.
- Customer IT staff is responsible for maintaining a suitable internet connection and communication with applicable Internet Service Providers.
- Customer maintains user accounts and user privileges within the RTA Fleet Management Software.
- If hours of operation coincide with RTA business hours, work with service administrators to accommodate necessary maintenance during business hours.
3.3. Service Provider Requirements
Ron Turley Associates, Inc. responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers and network infrastructure related to the service.
- Maintaining disk storage related to the service.
- Appropriate notification to Customer for scheduled maintenance which would occur during Customer’s normal operating hours (operating hours provided by Customer to RTA during initial setup of the service).
- Appropriate notification to Customer for major data or system architecture changes.
- Install upgrades and updates to the Fleet Management Software.
- Provide access to downloadable data backups on an automated, scheduled interval should Customer desire to archive a local copy of the data backup files. Customer will submit request to service administrators (firstname.lastname@example.org) if access to data backups is desired.
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to make the service available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage of at least 99.8%, in each case during any calendar month. In the event Ron Turley Associates does not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to request a Service Credit.
If the monthly uptime is between 99.5% and 99.79%, you may request up to 10% of your monthly service charge.
If the monthly uptime is less than 99.5%, you may request a credit of 50% of your monthly service charge.
- Ensure that data backups are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
- Ensure that 3 copies of data backups are retained for 90 days, then permanently deleted.
- Ensure that backups are stored in separate physical data center campuses.
- Use commercially reasonable efforts to achieve the following Recovery Point Objective:
If SQL data needs to be restored as a result of a data entry error or other issue not related to storage media failure, the data can be recovered to any recent point in time within 1 minute of the problem.
If SQL data needs to be restored as a result of physical storage media failure, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 15 minutes of data.
If images, documents, saved reports, data export files, etc. need to be restored, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 2 hours. If Vision format data needs to be restored, the data can be restored with a maximum loss of 4 hours.
3.4. SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of service or performance issues: (i) that result from a suspension of the Agreement; (ii) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the physical point at which the private network of Ron Turley Associates’ data center connects to the public network; (iii) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); (iv) that result from any scheduled maintenance, with at least 48 hours’ notice provided to customer via email; (v) that result from any routine scheduled maintenance outside of customer’s normal business hours; (vi) arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use the Fleet Management Software service in accordance with the Agreement. If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our Monthly Uptime Percentage calculation, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.
4. Service Management
Effective support of in-scope services is a result of maintaining consistent service levels. The following sections provide relevant details on service availability, monitoring of in-scope services and related components.
4.1. Service Availability
Coverage parameters specific to the service(s) covered in this Agreement are as follows:
- Access to the service: 24/7 (99.8% uptime)
- Telephone support: 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
- Calls received out of office hours will be handled on the next business day
- Calls received on holidays will be handled on the next business day
- Email support: Monitored 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
- Emails received outside of office hours handled on the next business day
- Software monitoring: Monitored 5:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. MST Monday – Friday
- RTA Fleet Management Software records error conditions to a log file when possible. RTA service administrators monitor the logs and perform necessary actions during business hours.
- Data Center monitoring: 24/7
- Server hardware and data center network are monitored with industry standard tools 24/7 by RTA service administrators as well as technicians on duty at the contracted Network Operations Center where RTA servers are located.
4.2. Service Requests
In support of services outlined in this Agreement, the Service Provider will respond to service-related incidents and/or requests submitted by the Customer within 4 hours (during business hours).
Terms of Services
Hosting Services Agreement for Cloud Hosted RTA Fleet Management Software by Ron Turley Associates
Effective: April 16, 2019
This Customer Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you and Ron Turley Associates (“RTA”). You are agreeing to this Agreement not as an individual but on behalf of your company, “Customer” or “you” means your company, and you are binding your company to this Agreement. RTA may modify this Agreement from time to time, subject to the terms in Section 8 (Changes to this Agreement).
This agreement takes effect when you click on the “I accept” (or similar button) that is presented to you at the time of your Order, or by using or accessing RTA’s Cloud Hosted Fleet Management Software. You represent to us that you are lawfully able to enter into contracts. If you are entering into this Agreement for an entity, such as the company you work for, you represent to us that you have legal authority to bind that entity.
- Service Provided and Customer’s Use of the Service
- RTA will allow the Customer to access software provided by RTA through use of an encrypted and password protected RemoteApp. RTA will provide software, including installation, maintenance, support, and periodic upgrades; and database administration services (dba), including operating system/security (collectively the “Service”).
- The Customer is hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use the Service subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Agreement.
- RTA does not review or pre-screen the contents of electronic data uploaded or posted to the Service (“Content”) by the Customer, and RTA claims no intellectual property rights with respect to the Content.
- The Customer agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit access to the Service, use of the Service, or any portion of the Service, including, but not limited to the HTML or any visual design elements without the express written permission from RTA.
- The Customer agrees not to modify, reverse engineer, adapt or otherwise tamper with the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, RTA, or any other software or service provided by RTA.
- The Customer agrees not to use the Service in any manner which may infringe copyright or intellectual property rights or in any manner which is unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, and obscene or in violation of the Agreement.
- The Service is protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaties, as well as other laws and treaties. Except for the non-exclusive license granted pursuant to the Agreement, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that all ownership, license, intellectual property and other rights and interests in and to the Service shall remain solely with RTA.
- RTA reserves the rights at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any feature associated with the Service, with notice.
- RTA reserves the right to temporarily suspend access to the Service for operational purposes, including, but not limited to, maintenance, repairs, or installation of upgrades, and will endeavor to provide 24-hour notice prior to any such suspension. Refer to the section 3.3 of the Service Level Agreement for details.
- The Customer understands and acknowledges that while the software application is not certified, the data center and network equipment provided by AWS holds multiple certifications.
- RTA will provide access to data backups on an automated, scheduled interval should Customer desire to archive a local copy of the data backup files. Email email@example.com to request this additional service option. No additional fee is charged for this optional service.
- The Customer understands and agrees that RTA cannot and does not control the flow of data to or from the network or on other portions of the internet. At times, actions or inactions of third parties may impair or disrupt Customer’s connections to the internet or portions thereof. The Customer releases RTA from any liability resulting from or relating to such events. Refer to the Service Level Agreement for details.
- The Customer will pay RTA within 30 days of receipt of the RTA invoice.
- Such payments will begin upon execution of the Agreement and will continue on the recurring basis as specified in the pricing proposal following execution of the Agreement.. Any payments received after the first day of each calendar month are subject to a late fee equal to one and one-half percent per month, calculated on a daily basis.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for partial months that the Customer utilizes the Service. Pro-rated refunds will be paid out 60 days after the last day of Service.
- If the Customer fails to pay any payment due within Thirty (30) days of the due date, RTA shall have the right to suspend the Customer’s access to the Service or take any other steps necessary to ensure payment.
- Customer may purchase upgrades to the software or service at any time during the term of the agreement, such as additional vehicle asset licenses, additional user licenses, or software add-on modules. Applicable pricing increase for the upgrades will apply.
- If at any time, Service is shut off due to non-payment of outstanding invoices, a $250.00 Service Fee will be paid prior to restoration of Service.
- Term of Service
- If Customer should wish to cancel the Agreement, it may do so by providing thirty (30) days’ notice to RTA of intent to cancel, and paying all outstanding charges.
- The Agreement shall be for an initial term of one (1) year, with the right to extend the term for up to four (4) optional one (1) year extensions under the same terms as the Agreement, subject to mutual cancellation at any time upon thirty (30) day written notice from one party to the other.
- RTA, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or discontinue providing the Service to any Subscriber, with 30 days’ notice, for non-compliance with the Agreement, and pursue any other remedy legally available to it.
- Upon cancellation or termination of the Agreement, RTA will provide a data backup which will be made available for download upon request after receipt of payment for any outstanding invoices.
- Upon cancellation or termination of the Agreement, all Content associated with such subscription will be irrevocably deleted from the Service after 90 days, and RTA will have no obligations to maintain such Content thereafter.
- Upon cancellation or termination of the Agreement, RTA will provide the option to purchase the on-premises version of the software and include a system backup upon request within 90 days of termination notice. Note that the on-premises version of the software does not include all functionality available in the software as a service version.
- Customer Obligations
- Customer shall designate, in writing, contact information for at least two representatives, including emergency contact information. Such representatives shall be notified via e-mail or phone call in the event of any emergency situation related to the Service such as cyber security breach, data loss, or complete service outage. Any obligation of RTA related to any emergency situation shall be completed once RTA contacts either of the representatives either by telephone or by sending an email message to a representative. If the Customer fails to designate such emergency contacts, RTA shall have no obligation in an emergency situation.
- The Customer shall comply with all reasonable requests of RTA, including, but not limited to, delivering information to RTA such as is necessary to perform the Service. RTA shall not be liable for any failure to deliver the Service that is caused by the failure of the Customer to comply herewith.
- Representations of the Parties
- Each party hereto represents and warrants that as of now, and at all times throughout the Agreement, (1) it is duly organized and has the legal right and authority to enter into the Agreement and to perform its obligations under the Agreement; and (2) the performance of its obligations under the Agreement does not violate any laws or regulations and does not breach any agreements with third parties.
- Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- RTA warrants that the Services and intellectual property rights provided by RTA or used by RTA to provide the Services do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party in the United States.
- RTA and its officers, employees and affiliates shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, damage to the Customer’s equipment, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, regardless of whether RTA had notice of the possibility of such damages, resulting from the use of the Service, except in the event of such damages arising out of or relating to the negligent act or omission of RTA, its officers, employees, agents or affiliates.
- RTA will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Customer and its affiliates, its respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and representatives during and after the Term of this Agreement from and against any and all third-party claims, demands, suits, judgments, settlements, losses, liabilities, deficiencies, and expenses of any nature (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) exclusively resulting from, or arising exclusively out of RTA’s performance under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, any actual or alleged: (i) negligent acts or omissions attributable exclusively to RTA; (ii) any breach of a third party’s intellectual property rights allegedly caused exclusively by RTA and/or, for additional clarity, any claim that intellectual property rights furnished by RTA infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party. RTA specifically disclaims any duties or obligation to defend, indemnify, or pay for any losses, liabilities, claims, deficiencies, and expenses of any nature (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by Customer arising out of its own negligence (including passive or active), nonfeasance, or malfeasance or other breach arising out of this Agreement.
- Database Access Provisions
In consideration for using the SQL Database format of RTA, RTA is offering this section as a Letter of Understanding concerning the DATA and issues that may arise in connection with an open database system. If your company has requested direct access to the database, be it understood that:
- In order to provide direct connection to the customer SQL database, making it available for connection from SQL Management Studio, Crystal Reports, or integrating with other SQL-aware applications, RTA must place the database on a SQL database server that is connected to the internet. The SQL server connection string listens on a non-standard port and is protected by standard SQL Server security features. A user account specific to your company will be provided and is used solely to access the database. For additional security, a firewall prevents anonymous entities from connecting to the database server. You will need to provide our ops team with the public IP address(es) from which you will be connecting to the database so that we may allow the connection.
- By default, all database connections are read only. If data writer access is requested, customer is restricted from ADDING NEW RECORDS to the RTA Database via an outside application without first consulting with RTA on data integrity and dependency issues. The RTA Data elements have a great deal of dependency between tables that are not inherently evident. These dependencies are not programmed into the Open database data structures per se and therefore are not available when adding new records to a file from an outside application (an application other than the RTA Fleet Management System). The user is also cautioned on changing data fields within RTA as many of the fields also carry data dependency rules within the RTA system that will not be evident or present in the Open Database System. For example, when changing an odometer reading in RTA there are certain other fields that may or may not need to be modified based on certain switches in the system. RTA Tech support is not trained to explain these dependencies to users. Only the RTA programming department is qualified to assist in this area. There may be a charge for their consulting services.
- Customer is hereby notified that if a data element in a table is deemed to be invalid, RTA will use all diligence to determine the nature of the source of the invalidity. If source of the error is determined to be from an outside query operation or user modification to the data, RTA can assist in correcting the data at our standard programming rate.
- RTA is requesting (suggesting) that write access to the data be limited (ie. Not available to non-technical users) to only certain users of the software.
- RTA recognizes the value of using Open database systems to enhance data availability, access and reporting. RTA Tech support will support the normal database access questions (field definitions, linkage relationships) but cannot assist in writing queries, forms, or other data-access objects and methods.
- Customer will specify static IP addresses that will be connecting to the RTA database by emailing your company name and IP address(es) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Connections from all other addresses will be blocked.
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- The Customer shall not assign the Agreement without the express written consent of RTA, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. Any assignment contrary to this provision will be null and void. RTA may assign the Agreement or delegate its duties under the Agreement.
- Any notice required to be given under the Agreement shall be in writing and may be made either by over-night mail or by electronic mail with return receipt requested. Such notice will be deemed given the following business day regardless of the manner in which it was sent. Notice to Customer shall be delivered to the email address for Customer’s primary contact on file. Notice to RTA shall be given to the following address/email address: email@example.com.
- RTA may not use the name of Customer in its marketing efforts or any other use of the name of Customer without prior written consent from Customer.
- Governing Law: The Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, without regard to conflict or choice of laws principles.
- In the event of a dispute between the Parties arising out of this Agreement, representatives of each Party shall meet (either in person or by telephone), within 10 days after receipt of a notice from either Party specifying the nature of the dispute, to review a Party’s claims for the basis of such dispute and attempt to resolve in all such claims. Thereafter, if the Parties are unable to resolve the dispute within such time period, the matter shall be escalated to a Vice President (or a more senior officer) of each party, who will meet, either in person or by telephone, within 15 days of such escalation. If the dispute remains unresolved after such escalation, then the Parties may proceed with all remedies available at law or equity.
- Severability; Waiver. If any provisions of the Agreement are held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under present or future laws, such provisions will be struck from the Agreement or amended, but only to the extent of their invalidity, illegality or unenforceability. The parties remain legally bound by the remaining terms of the Agreement, and the Agreement will be deemed reformed in a manner as consistent as reasonably possible with the original intent of the parties as expressed in the Agreement. Failure of either party to enforce any right under the Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of such right and will not constitute a waiver of its future enforcement of such right or any other rights.
- Integration; Modification. The Agreement expresses the complete and final understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior communications between the parties, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No modification of the Agreement will be binding upon the parties hereto, unless in writing and executed by Customer and RTA. Any additional or different terms in any purchase order or other response by Customer shall be deemed objected to by RTA without need of further notice of objection, and shall be of no effect and in no way binding upon RTA.
- Headings; Number and Gender. All headings and captions are for convenience only and are of no meaning in the interpretation or effect of the Agreement. Words in the singular include the plural and words in the plural include the singular, according to the requirements of the context. Words importing a gender or no gender include all genders.
- The respective rights and obligations of RTA and Customer, which by their nature would continue beyond the termination or expiration of the Agreement, including without limitation, the rights and obligations regarding payment, ownership, confidentiality, limitation of liability, and indemnification, shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement.
- Changes to this agreement
- RTA or COMPANY may update or modify this Agreement from time to time. Any updates or modifications must be done in writing and mutually executed. If the parties mutually agree to modify this Agreement during the License Term or Subscription Term, the modified version will be effective upon the next renewal of a License Term, Support and Maintenance term, or Subscription Term, as applicable.
This Agreement remains valid until superseded by a revised agreement mutually agreed upon by RTA and COMPANY. This Agreement supersedes and replaces any prior agreements, representations or understandings, whether written, oral or implied, between RTA and COMPANY regarding the agreement described herein. The terms of this Agreement described herein shall be constructed and interpreted under, and all respective rights and duties of the parties shall be governed by, the laws of the United States.